Saina Nehwal is well known name in India because of his back to back victory in badminton. She is amongst the top shuttlers in the world as ranked by the badminton federation. She has done schooling from Hisar. Her family later shifted to Hyderabad and that was the key of success. She got better infra at Hyderabad, which led her to practice game and coaches worked with her.
List of some noteworthy points regarding Saina are as below:
- She is one of the most successful woman players from India till date. Probably only competing name is Sania Mirza.
- She is also brown belt in Karate and in beginning of her life, she had never thought to be in badminton.
- Saina is the first Indian badminton player who had bagged medal in the London Olympics.
- Father of Saina is also a badminton player and state level champion in Haryana.
- SM Arif is coach of Saina who had won Dronacharya award. P Gopichand has also cached here so overall, she has enjoyed perfect training, rest is her own effort.
- In Indian badminton league, she had represented Hyderabad.
- Sister Anshu Nehwal is in the field of modeling.
- Currently she has 12 international titles.
- She has skipped Intermediate examination two times for her career in the sports.
We have many more interesting things so keep surfing and enjoy more interesting facts.