Hindi is the second most spoken language in the world. It is also one of the official languages in India. This is the language of almost 50 percent of Indian population. Big states like UP, Bihar etc have official language Hindi. Speakers of Hindi language are growing in number, because of rapid population growth in northern states of India.
Below we have collected some important aspects regarding Hindi language so go through and grab valuable information:
- Hindi language is highly inflected with the Sanskrit language. Sanskrit is one of the oldest languages in the southern Asia.
- Hindi has more than 200 million native speakers. If we calculate people who can read and understand Hindi then it would be close to 500 million. People in Bangladesh and Pakistan also understand Hindi language. Some non-Hindi states like Punjab, Bengal, Maharashtra, Gujarat etc also understand Hindi properly.
- Hindi is amongst the easiest language to learn because each alphabet sounds different.
- Many Hindi language words are also used in English such as Cheetah, Jungle, Loot etc.
- 14th September is the Hindi day in India.
- Some states of India where Hindi has official status are Bihar, UP, Haryana, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, MP, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Some other countries where Indians migrated in big numbers are also influenced with Hindi like Fiji, Nepal, Guyana, Trinidad, Singapore, Malaysia, USA, Pakistan etc.
- Hindi language is written like English from left to right.
- Alphabets of Hindi language have 33 consonants and 11 vowels.
- In spite of being second largest language in the world, UN does not recognize Hindi as official language. UN has English, Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish and French as official languages.
To know more about the Hindi language, keep surfing our website and know more.